How to Get a Job in the Worst Economy since 2009 via LinkedIn Webinar
Friday, April 24, 2020
With over 600 million active users, LinkedIn is the premier business-to-business social media platform. Whether you're a graduating senior, a recent graduate, or someone who is considering a career change (which is particularly timely in the COVID-19 world), this webinar is for you. Kent Lewis (’94), president of Anvil Media based in Portland, Oregon, will share LinkedIn best practices that will help you increase awareness, enhance industry credibility, and expand your network. As a WWU alumnus, seasoned digital marketer, adjunct professor, and entrepreneur, Lewis will touch on the following topics in a virtual tour format:
- Optimizing your personal profile, including photo, title, work experience, recommendations, skills and endorsements,
- Outlining advanced profile optimization strategies, including adding certifications, volunteer experience, and accomplishments,
- Creating compelling content to strengthen your profile, including adding presentations on SlideShare, status updates, and articles,
- Building and leveraging your network via suggested connections, proactive outreach to 2nd degree connections, monitoring notifications, and developing rapport with 1st degree connections,
- Finding an employer via the job section and by strategically following companies.
Register for this webinar today, and ensure your LinkedIn presence is able to help build your network, maximize your employment, and power your career.
As President and Founder of Anvil Media, Inc., Kent Lewis (’94) is responsible for ensuring the company is living its mission and vision by managing overall corporate strategy, including operations, business development, sales, and marketing. Specializing in analytics, search engine, and social media marketing services, Anvil is a digital agency which provides measurable marketing that moves clients’ businesses forward.
Ed Love is a Full Professor of Marketing and Department Chair at Western Washington University, where he has taught since 2008. He has his Ph.D. in Marketing from the Foster School of Business at the University of Washington. His research publications examine marketplace morality, preference formation, ethical standards of judgment, decision theory, marketing strategy, choice modeling, and innovation.
I’m Jeniene Bengtsson, and I’m the Program Director for this event. Feel free to call me at 360.650.3353 or via email at email@example.com if you have any questions or comments. WWU is an equal opportunity institution. For disability accommodation, please contact me.