Alumni Association Scholarship for Undergraduate Students
The Western Alumni Association is proud to offer Western students the opportunity to receive the WWU Alumni Association Scholarship for Undergraduate Students. Recipients of this honor are students who are making a difference in their communities, and contributing greatly to Western by actively participating in the life of the university.
Western Alumni are world leaders, and many credit this success to their Western experience. We know that as a Western student you are destined to join this successful alumni community, so the graduates of our university want to help you succeed … and one way is through student scholarships support.
The 2018-2019 WWU Alumni Association Scholarship for Undergraduate Students is now open.
Deadline is Monday, April 9, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Scholarship Minimum Qualifications
Applicants must be one of the following:
- Full time Western student (taking a minimum of 12 credits)
- High school senior intending to become a full time Western student beginning Fall 2018
- College transfer intending to become a full time Western student beginning Fall 2018
GPA minimum cumulative:
- Currently in college - GPA of 3.10
- Currently in high school - GPA of 3.50
- Applicants must be pursuing undergraduate study
- Applicants must be admitted to Western to receive the scholarship
- Applicants must submit FAFSA for scholarship consideration
- Applicants need not be related to or know any alumni to apply
- This is a need-based scholarship to fill need, not exceed it
- Preference will be given to those with financial need
- Active students within their community, who participate in leadership building activities, provide service to others, and succeed academically
Questions about the scholarship program should be directed to Jeniene Bengtsson at (360) 650-6460 or Jeniene.Bengtsson@wwu.edu.
Click on the links below to view current and past scholarship recipients.