HEY WWU SENIORS!
You are months away from graduating from one of the most respected undergraduate universities in the nation and the Alumni Association wants to provide you with some helpful information to make your transition from student to alumnus as easy as possible. Congratulations on your hard work, and we welcome you into the WWU alumni family!
When making your commencement reservation, you are purchasing your cap, gown, tassel, and diploma cover (master's candidates also receive a hood). Your confirmed reservation entitles you the allotted number of tickets for the quarter for your guests (note: you are not purchasing the tickets, only the apparel and diploma cover). The Renew gowns are certified as being manufactured from 100% post-consumer materials. Your gown can also be recycled after graduation in the designated bins (more details are included in your graduation confirmation email).
STOLE OF GRATITUDE
The Stole of Gratitude is worn during the commencement ceremony. After the ceremony, the new graduate presents the stole to someone who provided extraordinary help or support, like parents, relatives, or mentors who have helped with wisdom, words of support, or financial assistance.
Immediately after graduation, the graduate may take the stole from around his/her neck and place it around the neck of the recipient. More than one stole may be worn during commencement, symbolizing that there are multiple persons destined to receive this gift.
The Stole of Gratitude may be purchased at the same time of purchasing your graduation apparel. Stoles may also be purchased the day of graduation (while supplies last.)
GRADUATION RINGS & FRAMES
Take a piece of this historic moment home with you! Jostens has been licensed to provide rings for Western Washington University graduates.
You may be looking for the right gift for a soon-to-be graduate or you may be graduating and leaving Western's campus, but once a Viking always a Viking!
Buying a Grad Pack is the best way to take WWU with you and help you stay connected to your alma mater.
These packages are a great deal for stocking up on gear, branded swag, and include the first year of your alumni association membership.
All Grad Packs include (ala carte options will receive a one year membership only):
- One Year Membership in Western's Alumni Association* (valued at $20);
- Access to exclusive career networking events with your predecessors who went on to lead their industries and companies;
- Advanced (and sometimes exclusive) tickets to sporting events;
- Discounts to a variety of alumni entertainment opportunities;
- Provides discounts to more than 250+ merchants up and down the I-5 corridor, visit this link for a complete list of benefits;
- Provides continued access to Lakewood, Wilson Library and allows the purchase of a membership to the Wade King Recreation Center;
- Custom WWU playing cards (valued at $9.99)
- Unlimited Access to the Alumni Association Online Community (Priceless) which includes access to ASK (searching for a job/internship? Go Here!)
- All Grad Packs come in a Western Alumni duffel bag (valued at $20).
*High Street Grad Pack includes a Life Membership in Western's Alumni Association (valued at $500)
Please note that Grad Packs are not associated with making a reservation to participate in the commencement ceremony and does not include a cap and gown.